Friday, February 5, 2010

Morning Praise

It’s early in the morning and the alarm clock is buzzing, but it’s you who opened my ears to hear.

As I wipe away the sleep from my weary eyes, I’m grateful that you gave me sight to see the morning sunshine.

Opening my mouth to yawn, I have to thank you for giving me a voice to call on your name.

As I stretch my arms out, I also stretch out to you in praise for another day.

Standing on my feet, I acknowledge that it is by your power that my legs are able to support me.

Even though my walk is slow due to morning stiffness, I still rejoice because I can move.

The pain I feel in my body everyday sometimes seems unbearable, but because of your grace I'm able to endure.

Though my aging mind is not as sharp as it used to be – memories fading, misplaced items and forgetfulness, I still have the mind to know where my help comes from.

Your grace and mercy is what gets me through each day. Though I don’t deserve your favor, I thank you Lord that you keep blessing me in spite of my imperfections. Until tomorrow…

May your joy abound.

4 comments:

  1. Sister Jennifer
    Thank you ever so much for your sharing. Praising God starts your day off right. Thanking God as soon as we get out of bed in the morning, is a joy. Just thinking Him for one more day and His mercies that are renew each and every morning. Have a Christ centered day.

    In His love,
    LLB

    ReplyDelete
  2. May our First Lady and Family continue to abound in our Lords Grace and Mercy.

    GOD Bless~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great is His faithfulness. You have a very insightful way of expressing joy to our Savior.

    ReplyDelete