Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Heart's Desire

I read this today in my devotion from "Crosswalk" and thought I would share this hoping it would help someone as it has helped me.

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4 NIV

THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE...Rather than seeing this as a way to get our wish list granted, let's see it for what it really is -- an invitation to seek a love relationship with God above all other things. In finding him, we will find our priorities properly aligned and our hearts tuned to know what is really valuable and what is not. Then we will see that what we have in him is our heart's greatest desire.

MY PRAYER...Awesome and Gracious Father, I confess to you that so often my heart is full of selfish things. But in moments like these, Father, I recognize that you are what I most need and your will is my heart's desire. Please kindle your Spirit in me so that I may see through any selfish, deception that would rob me of having you first in my life. Forgive me when I'm petty, selfish and shallow. May I know you as much as is possible for a mortal to know you, not so that I may be full, but that you may be honored. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

May your joy abound.

Resource: Crosswalk.com

2 comments:

  1. How splendid it is to have such a First Lady of our church that truly LOVE her walk with JESUS Christ.

    May your joy continuely abound in Christ.

    GOD Bless you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister, I have come to know that if we truly delight in the Lord we really don't have to try and find our delight in anything else becasue God will give us the desires of our heart in relation to His heart.

    I am glad that this passage has brought a fresh view of heaven into vision for you. Stay focus.

    ReplyDelete