Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Mother's Joy

With Mother’s Day soon approaching I started thinking about my role as a mother and how it has brought me great joy. I am blessed with two children; a daughter who is 22 and a son who is 10. (Yes you counted right… a 12 year gap). Both of them have their own unique personalities and dare I say… challenges, but I couldn’t ask for more obedient, adorable and loving children than the two that God has given me. I take little credit for it, but know that God has shown me favor with them.

Lord I thank you for trusting me with this awesome privilege and responsibility. My life has been more blessed, and more fulfilled because of it. Lord I thank you for my own mother who selflessly gave of her best so that I may have a full life. Her unrelenting love still endures. Lord I thank you for my grandmothers, who though they are with you now Lord, they have left me with unforgettable memories of how they made much work with the little that they had. Lord I thank you for all mothers who tenderly nurture their children so that they can grow up to be caring human beings. But most of all Lord, I’m thankful that I know you intimately and can share with my children the unfailing love you have for all of us.

Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers! I pray that God will continue to bless you on your life’s journey.

May your joy abound.

6 comments:

  1. I was moved by this short piece that captures the essence of what Mom means to us. Your gift of written expression is truly a gift. You are really getting the hang of this. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day!!!!!
    From Ashley Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day Jennifer.

    I hope you had a great day.

    Kim Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jennifer I didn't know that you had a blog. I did know of your gift of writing and this proves that you are AWESOME at anything you set your mind to. Keep up the good work.


    Doranna

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a priviledge to be granted such an awesome responsibility. May you discharge your duty faithfully, joyfully, and without wavering.

    ReplyDelete