Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Joy in Simple Things

I'm so excited to finally start this blog. I've been wanting to do this for a while now. My goal in writing this blog is to express my inspired thoughts in a creative and meaningful way. I named this blog "Oh My Joy!" because I want to remember the joy I have, no matter what situation or circumstance happens in my life. "Restore unto me the joy of my salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit" (Psalm 51:12) is one of my favorite scriptures. There are so many ways that God shows us His grace and mercy. I find joy in the simple things and I want to share these inspirations, in hope that they may inspire others.

Just the other day, my husband and I were looking outside the window as a cardinal landed on a crabapple tree in our yard. Watching this beautiful bird eat from this tree was a joy to behold. I started thinking of when Jesus said "Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?" (Luke 12:24) Here is a picture that I captured of the cardinal.

May your joy abound!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetheart,

    Welcome to the land of the blog. This experience is already showing promise as I enjoy your gift of expression. This is a wonderful post as I am sure this is just the beginning of many. Looking forward to reading your thoughts. See you later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my name is Ron; I am a fan of your husband’s ministry. I wanted to encourage you by informing you on how I was blessed by your first blog "Oh the Joy."

    Continue blessing others with your gift,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Welcome, Welcome...

    I am sure your spiritual insight will be an added blessing to this blogging community.

    How right you are that there can be joy/beauty found in even the simplest of things.

    Welcome.

    GOD Bless~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister First Lady, it will be an honor to read your spiritual writings. We look forward to your Blog for uplifting and encouraging our souls. Thanks for taking the time to feed us despite your very busy life. We’ve been patiently waiting for your expressions and thoughts and now you have ARRIVED!

    Thanks,
    Brother Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogosphere Jenn! I loved your first entry and I'm looking forward to your daily doses of inspiration. You're definitely on my daily blog read list!

    ReplyDelete