Friday, May 15, 2009

Shine Your Light

I have been praying a lot lately concerning some goals that I want to accomplish. The wheels are constantly spinning in my head. My brain is overflowing with creative ideas, but there is a roadblock. What’s stopping me? … Me. I’m the roadblock. I thought I was holding off because of fear of failure, because of fear of opposition, because of fear of the unknown. But, in reality it’s something much deeper and yet so simple.

I came across a famous quote the other day which really resonated in my soul. I hope it will bless you as it has blessed me.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
*A Return to Love - Marianne Williamson

I encourage you, child of God, to grab hold of your dreams, your goals, your life ambitions and pursue those things that please God. “Let you light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify the father in Heaven.” Matt 5:16.

I’m letting my light shine… how about you?

May your joy abound.

5 comments:

  1. Sister/First Lady McGhee

    We all have been acquainted with these emotions from time to time, I would like to share a couple of scriptures that helps give me victory - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 the other - Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. Romans 8:37

    GOD Bless~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post as always! Oh the power of the pen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister Jennifer,
    Your posts continue to be a source of inspiration to me. This particular post left me convicted as I reflected on how I make excuses and block the blessings that God has waiting for me. I am quite familiar with the quote by Williamson, but yet I continue to allow fear to let me offer excuse after excuse for why I can’t do what it takes to achieve my dreams. Jeremiah 29:11 says that God knows the plans he has for us. To prosper and not harm us, to give hope and a future.”

    I am reminded of the Pastor Owens’ has been preaching a sermon series on “Excuses; The things that keep us from God’s purpose, plan, power and provision.” Continue to pray for me that God breaks this stronghold on me. I pray that you continue to be a blessing to all that read your blog.

    Angie Forrest

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are more than you know you are if you just be.

    ReplyDelete